ghost for linux

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Wed Jul 12 03:22:13 UTC 2006

Thanks to the help from this list, I now have FC5 running on my HP zv6000
AMD64 laptop. Next trick is to make a backup so I don't mess things up.
Based on suggestions from the list, I'm trying out g4l. I'm making an
image on a USB hard drive. This seems to work, but I suspect the image is
larger than it needs to be because I didn't clear out the unused space on
the laptop drive. g4l comes with a simple script to write nulls to the
drive, then delete the created file. The script is:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/0bits bs=20M
rm /0bits

When I run it as root, I get the following errors:

./CleanDrive.sh
./CleanDrive.sh: line 2: dd if=/dev/zero of=/0bits bs=20M: No such file or
directory
./CleanDrive.sh: line 3: rm /0bits: No such file or directory

Ideas?

THANKS!

Harold

--