Windows and Linux Formatted FAT32

Mobolaji.Osinuga at alcatel.fr Mobolaji.Osinuga at alcatel.fr
Fri Jun 16 06:50:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

Because of the problem I had when my /boot partition changes from /dev/hda5 to /dev/hda6 when a new windows fat32 partition is created, I then created a new partition using Redhat.
This partition became /dev/hda13 and my /boot remained on /dev/hda5. I formatted this partition in fat32 and Redhat sees it.
However, my windows doesn't see it. From Disk Management, it sees the file-type as FAT32 but it sees it as healthy and unknown instead of healthy and system.

Does anyone has a clue on how to go about this? Or is there a way to format a drive that my computer doesn't display in windows?

Thank you.

Mobolaji
OMC-CS/GPRS Engineer
Alcatel Nigeria Limited