RHEL 4 PPC install problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jun 27 00:08:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 02:38 +0300, Juha Vierinen wrote:
> The md5sum was correct.

Again, on the ISO image or the DVD itself?

>  Now that I tried mounting the image with
> linux, it seems ok. It was just OS X that complained about it.
>
> mount -o loop -t iso9660 RHEL4-RHAPS2-ppc.iso redhell
>
> Now I am a bit stumped. Why would the free Fedora 4 and 5 boot on
> powermac, but the commercial version not? Is support for powermac
> somehow intentionally dropped from RHEL4 PPC?

Just where did you get this image?  As near as I can see, Red Hat
doesn't mention Apple or PowerPC anywhere in their docs for either RHEL3
or 4.  I don't have any PPC-based machines so I don't have access to
their download site for PPC (if any).  I also don't see any PPC-based
ISOs from CentOS, either.

-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -