ipop3d

Dan Doucette ddoucette at redlon-johnson.com
Wed Mar 8 21:32:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

Been a while, enjoy this list very much!

Using RH9

I'm having an issue with authentication via ipop3d, seems to take about
30-60 seconds for the user to authenticate and get mail. I found a few
messages in the RH archive about the passwd file and users at the bottom
taking longer to authenticate versus users at the beginning of the file
taking less, this is true in my situation. The passwd file is 228 lines
which I'm assuming is not as large as some others. With myself being at the
top apparently I have not noticed. As an example a user who was just added
and shows up at the bottom of this file is taking well over 30 seconds to
authenticate. With that said does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

I have investigated DNS and confirmed reverse lookups and things on that
nature, all of which appear to functioning properly.

TIA,
Dan