patch kernel

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Mar 20 18:30:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:58 +0100, DUARDITO wrote:
> hi, is there any option to patch kernel during installation redhat
> enterprise linux 4 update 3?
>
> reason of this, is because I need some modules that current kernel
> doesn´t have.

You can't patch a kernel during install.  Once you're installed, you
can add stuff to /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/rc.d/rc.local to force
module loads.  If you want to load a different kernel during install,
you'd need to respin the install CD/DVDs.

-      Do you know how to save five drowning lawyers?  No?  GOOD!    -