Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 22 19:37:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 10:32 -0600, Harrington, Todd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Intel Server (Jarrell) with onboard SATA RAID (configured as a mirror), along with a PC floppy and IDE CD-ROM. When I install RedHat Enterprise Linux v3 from CD I choose "linux dd" at the "boot:" prompt. When it prompts me "Do you have a driver disk?" (for my onboard SATA RAID) I answer YES and it says loading driver from "/dev/hdd"??? Why is trying to load from /dev/hdd? I want it to load from /dev/fd0. I have never seen this.

Please wrap your lines at 72 characters.  Single line messages are very
difficult to read.

Are you certain it was trying to read /dev/hdd?  Did the floppy light
come on?  Are you certain the message wasn't "loading driver
FOR /dev/hdd"?

-    Overweight:  When you step on your dog's tail...and it dies.    -