Built new server, but says it has 33Mhz fsb

Jason Brown ninjazjb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 05:02:30 UTC 2006

I had a lot of problems with the mobo already.  The BIOS was hosed when I
got it.  When I would try and change the boot settings it would only allow
me to be in there for about 5-10 seconds before it would either reboot or
freeze with random characters.  Once I flashed the BIOS and cleared the CMOS
I was able to go in and load the optomized defaults and change the boot
order.  I still however get random blackouts on the machine.  Anytime the
VGA cable is moved slightly, USB cable becomes unplugged, or I take the
ethernet cable out of the NIC the monitor goes to sleep and the computer is
non-responsive and then I have to reboot it in order for things to work
properly again.  It does have the NVidia chipset, installing the drivers
from them maybe correct this problem?  I am also running the x86_64 version
of the OS.  Is it as stable as the x86 version?