Question about upgrade mode

Xiao Wei Zhang zxiaowei at cn.ibm.com
Fri Mar 31 08:24:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I need to upgrade my RHEL3 and RHEL4 system to the latest service level. I
have done this by a kickstart file in upgrade mode through network. The
upgrade is successful, but it can not allow me to perform some additional
setup(such as updating dirvers or sending messages to other machine)
besides updating rpms. In install mode I can put some scripts in %pre and
%post sections in kickstart file. but in upgrade mode both of these two
sections will be ignored. Is there any way that allow me to run some
scripts after the upgrade finishes and before system reboots.  I really
appreciate your help. Thank you!

XiaoWei Zhang (张晓巍)
IBM China Software Development Laboratory
Tel: 86-10-82782244 ext.3243 Email: zxiaowei at cn.ibm.com
Address: 8F Power Creative Building
         No.1,Shangdi East Road, Haidian District Beijing 100085, PRC