Problems creating image CDs of RH W4U3

Jorge E Maldonado jmaldona at caracas.oilfield.slb.com
Sat May 27 16:18:03 UTC 2006

Hello,

Below I describe the antecedents of the problem:
1. I properly download the easy ISO images of RH WS4U3 from the security RH
network page
2. I check using md5sum that downloaded images were all right.
3. md5sum numbers agreed with the ones form RH network easy ISO images. In
fact, I copy and paste md5sum numbers in separate files for each image
including the ISO file name and the results were OK for all the images.
4. I am assuming that images were download all right and are in good
conditions to be burned.
5. Using cdrecord I burned the images into CDs using the following command:
cdrecord -v -dao dev=0,0,0 ISO-IMAGE-FILE.iso

Please, notice that I use cdrecord -scanbus first to identify dev unit
6. When I start with the installation, I did media check and CDs: CD2, CD3,
CD4 failed.
7. I have accentually burned about 6 times the CD2 with the same result.
8. I downloaded two times more the images and checked and they were correct.
9. I have tested to burned them in different CD units and I got the same
result
10. Notice that disk1, that is, boot disk created from first image file
works fine.

Could you please help me to create a proper set of CDs from the ISO images?

Alternatively, I have created a 4 GB partition in the hard disk. I have put
ISO images on that partition. I boot with the CD#1 and when I tried to do
the installation form the hard disk, pointing to ISO image file, system
responds that is not valid and fails.

Could you please provide me the procedure (in addition please) of how can I
do the installation from an existing partition and using the graphical
interface?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Jorge