Redhat NTPD Clock

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue May 30 17:34:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 21:53 -0400, John Wirt wrote:

> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 21:26 -0400, John Wirt wrote:
> >

> >>Hmm..can you  tell me how to set the security level?
> >>
> >>Thank you, Rick.
> >>

> >Become the root user:
> >
> >	$ su -
> >	(enter root's password here)
> >
> >>From there (assuming RHEL 3, RHEL4 or FC2-5), run:
> >
> >	# system-config-securitylevel
> >

> I did this. Linux responded,
>
> -bash : system-config-securitylevel: command not found

Then you're either not the root user, don't have the root user's PATHs,
or you didn't install the system-config-securitylevel RPM.  When you
did the:

	$ su -

You DID include the "-" at the end, right?  If not, you became root
but didn't get root's environment (paths and such).  In that case,
try:

	# /usr/bin/system-config-securitylevel

-   Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the   -
-                     reader...who doesn't get it.                   -