Problems with pvresize

interp01 interp01 at sevenbelow.com
Sun Nov 12 19:12:35 UTC 2006

Is it possible to resize a raw LVM partition (dev/sda7) that is 250 MB
to 300 MB?  I have tried using the pvresize command but fdisk is still
showing /dev/sda7 as 250 MB.  Pvdisplay shows the increase in the
Physical Volume and Vol Group, but when I try expand my LV, it chokes
out with a ioctl error and the LV stays the same size 250 M?

Dropping the partition and recreating with the proper size is not an
option here, I need to maintain the data on the partition while Im
resizing it.  I can however, unmount the LVM I am trying to expand.

Thanks,

DK