SCSI Drives question

Arno Weber inet_services2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 03:14:21 UTC 2006

my bad I guess I first heard about scsi at the amiga club meetings at the arco building 15 years before I ever heard of dell so I figured theyve been writing scsi drivers and whatnot for amiga longer than they have for dells.

  Also, historically, Commodore has been MUCH better at not being screwed by their vendors/subcontractors than has dell.

Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
  On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 00:36 -0700, Arno Weber wrote:
> hi...
>
> I think scsi was designed for amigas... maybe u should get an amiga?

Har! No, SCSI was not built for the Amiga...it predates the Amiga by
a long way.

Historical note: SCSI started out as SASI (Shugart Associates Storage
Interface).

wrote:

> On my server, i have two 18gb scsi drives which are
> part of a Logical Volume (LVM), and are internal
> drives to the Dell 2450.
>
> They are /dev/sda, and /dev/sdb
>

> I'm adding a Dell Powervault connected to an Adaptec
> scsi card (not the onboard scsi) and the two 18gb drives
> above now become /dev/sdh and /dev/sdi.
>
> It seems like the server drives should stay /dev/sda
> and /dev/sdb,
> and the new drives in the powervault should start their
> scsi id's after after those in the server??
>
> I need some scsi tips.
>
> Bret

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer rstevens at vitalstream.com -
- VitalStream, Inc. http://www.vitalstream.com -
- -
- Working with Linux is like wrestling with a worthy opponent. -
- Working with Windows is like picking on an annoyed child with a -
- loaded handgun. -
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com