Install fails during installation of rpmdb-redhat-4-0.20060803

John Powell powellj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:38:22 UTC 2006

So I have been struggling with this for a while and have decided to give
up and ask for help.

I am attempting to install RHEL 4 AS Update 4 on a system with the
following spec/conf.

Gigabyte 8iexp system board (Intel 845e)
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz CPU
2 Gig Mem
2 ATA WD 80 Gig drives
GForce 4 compatible video

The Installation consistently fails on the second cd while installing
the aforementioned rpm. The Install error is something like...
"Installation of rpm blah failed... this could happen due to corrupt
download, media, and/or hardware"... since I have verified that the cd's
md5 checks out as well as run media check to verify the media is correct
I am left with the apparent fact that my hardware isn't going to cut it.
Can someone verify that this is indeed the case else provide some
suggestion as to what I should try to get the installation past the
installation of this rpm?

Thanks in advance.
John