Minimal install of RHEL4 with NO X

Eric John street_drifter2006 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 03:59:44 UTC 2006

I dont know, but Ive always assumed DSL/Damn Small Linux was text only because of the size - supposedly around 50 meg or so.  I have the disk somewhere email me

Also, is there a way to test your RAM if you cant compile because your RAM is bad

Mike Robinson <mrobinson at evault.com> wrote: I assumed that choosing the minimal install would leave me just enough
system to add what I needed, and indeed seemed the only method that did
not through some dependency tree of doom add the near entirety of X,
gnome and kde packages to my install.

But alas, the minimal install left me with a broken system where sshd
would not start (unable to generate RSA keys), and rpm was missing it's
libraries.  But at least it didn't install X.

I'm using the latest RHEL4 iso's from RHN, and have a keen memory of
being able to install a server with no graphical components not so long
ago.  But it seems impossible at the moment.

Any advice?

m.

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com