problem wiht tftpd with rhel5

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Apr 29 11:02:43 UTC 2007

pengcz at 126.com wrote:
> NO,I have been disable the iptables !
>
> now only the tftp download is available when i change the root directory to /tftpboot. if i want to change it ,it will fail for upload and downlaod,
>
> anyone who can give me a hand?
>

> ÔÚ2007-04-28£¬"Nikolas Lam" <nlam87346 at library.usyd.edu.au> дµÀ£º
>
> On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 14:43 +0800, pengcz at 126.com wrote:
>>
>> Dear all
>>         I have the problem when i want to upload or download the file
>> from the tftp server ,here is the test steps:
>>
>> any suggestion will be apprieate !!
>>

> Firewall?

At a guess, on RHEL5 SELinux may be interfering... if you want your
content in non-standard locations you often have to ensure that the
directories you choose are given the correct security label...

try this:
1. setenforce 0
if the tftp stuff works after that, then it will be an SELinux labelling
issue, which you can solve as follows:

2. setenforce 1
(there really is no need to disable SELinux here...)
and then
3. chcon -R --reference /tftpboot /mylove
if /mylove is the directory that you wish to use...
also bear in mind that local flie permissions have to be set correctly, too!

see if it works after that
and if not, post error messages from /var/log/messages and
/var/log/audit/audit.log

Regards

Stuart
- --
Stuart Sears RHCA RHCSS RHCX STFU PDQ RIAA MP3