boot after kernel panic

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Feb 12 20:00:47 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 13:47 -0600, Luis Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi Rick
>
> we not upgrade because a postgresql 7.1.3 issue, the dump can't migrate to a newer version, we need to do a process, we expect to do this in this year.

Ah.

> about floppy, we not have one...
>
> is possible to boot with install CD?
> or may be create a CD boot disk?

Hmmm.  Man, it's been a long time since I used 2.1.  Well, try booting
the CD and see if there's a "rescue" mode on it.  If there is, select it
and let the system come up and mount your old system at /mnt/sysimage.

> about fsck
>
> when start the linux
>
> appears a message that permit verify integrity.
>
> do 100%
>
> and after that appears kernel panic advise...
>
> this verifiy integrity, is the fsck?

Yes, it should be.

Can you post the exact panic message and the last 10 or so messages
BEFORE it?  That'll help us iron out what part's failing.  It may not
be finding the ramdisk image, which is reasonably easy to fix.

-         Microsoft Windows:  Proof that P.T. Barnum was right       -