OpenLdap server missing

vbs dvantine at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 17:53:31 UTC 2007

I need to use and a Directory Service V3 compliant Ldap source. It
seems that there should be one that comes with Redhat as a standard
package but when I follow the instruction on the Redhat website for
setting up/installation it does not seem to be there. The instructions
have you run rpm -q openldap-servers to verify it is installed. When I
run this it responds "ldap: unrecognized service". When I run rpm -q
openldap-clients I receive "openldap-clients-2.2.13-2.

I have looked for the ldap servers installation and can not seem to
find it. Either the documentation is wrong or I am missing something
as it is suppose to be included with the Linux package.

Any idea how I can get the ldap servers package installed?

Thanks