Waaay OT

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Wed Jan 24 12:05:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 09:47 -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 15:16 +0100, Andrew Kelly wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > please, forgive the OT nature of this mail, I realize it has nothing to
> > do with RH.
> > I've been googling an apparent rarity and having little luck, and
> > thought I'd try you all in a hail Mary pass. Perhaps one of you is
> > Apache guru enough to lend a hand.
> >
> > My problem is, using Mod Rewrite, how do I access payloads? I'd love
> > access to POST variables as well, of course, but right now what I
> > primarily want to know is how can I catch the contents of a GET string
> > to use in a RewriteCond.
> >
> > Concretely:
> >
> > I have a calling URI of
> > http://domain.name/index.php?var1=value1&var2=value2&var3=value3
> >
> > I want to redirect based on the value of a variable.
> >
> > PseudoCode:
> > RewriteEngine On
> > RewriteCond %{GET_VARS} var2=value2
> > RewriteRule ^/$	http://new.domain.name/path [R,L]
> >
> > Does anybody know the real code to make this happen?

Hi Rick, thanks for the pointer.

> I think you want to look at the "%{QUERY_STRING}" or "%{REQUEST_URI}"
> variables, not true?

Turns out, yes, for GET anyway.
With POST, the POST_VARS are put in the _POST array and (haven't tested
yet) I have no idea if _POST is available during rewrite.

> The "%{REQUEST_METHOD}" would give you the GET or
> PUT.
>
> Oh, and the flags at the end would be "[RL]" (no comma).

Yes, comma, at least on my RH 7.3 box running Apache/1.3.29
Otherwise httpd croaks a sad death on reload.

And thank you Bob, for the tip to the right list.

Andy