Trying to Install Backup Disk for home drive

Robert Wessling robertwessling at verizon.net
Thu Jan 25 15:20:53 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I have been trying to install a backup SATA drive, /dev/sdb, for my
IDE home drive. My home drive is /dev/hdb.  /dev/hda is for Windows. I
have a /dev/sda SATA backup with software for Windows.

    I bought a HighPoint RocketRaid 1520 board to back up Linux .  I
installed it.  I dual boot Windows XP2 and Redhat Fedora 5.  Windows saw
the drive and put the icon about it being new hardware in the bottom
window bar.  When I tried to boot Linux it failed.  I recently lost
my Linux home drive due to what I think was a partitioning error.  So,
I shutdown
and took the board out.  Linux booted okay.
    So,  I have been looking to find out how to install the HighPoint
RocketRaid 1520.
What if I install the 1520 in Windows, will that take care of the bios
for Linux?
I have search the Fedora Forum and Linux Questions and I have learned
that the
HighPoint driver doesn't work in Linux.  I have also learned I should
use the RedHat driver
but I don't know where to get it.

Bob Wessling