question about package installation

ZHU Lin linzhu at cityu.edu.hk
Mon Jan 29 05:14:41 UTC 2007

Hi, I want to ask a question about package installation. My computer is
installed with Redhat enterprise linux, but many packages like gcc are not
installed. So I insert the first installation CD into the CD-ROM and the
package installation wizard starts automatically. After I have chosen the
desired packages, the wizard prompts a message to insert the second CD
before continuing. However, I can not get the first CD out of the CD-ROM at
that time and it can not be unmounted unless the wizard is stopped. Could
anyone please suggest a way to solve this problem?

Btw. There are many packages to be added to the current installation, so I
am not to use rpm because of the large number of dependencies.

Thanks a lot!