Issue in booting Vista with red hat linux

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Tue Jul 3 05:11:26 UTC 2007

If you are getting just an 'L' then you loaded Lilo, which has issues with
Windows partitions. I recommend re-install with Grub as the default boot
loader.

I hope that will work for you. It did for me on a laptop, but I was using XP

Karl

On Mon, July 2, 2007 6:01 am, nwoye emeka wrote:
> Hi manish,
>         I am also experiencing the same problem with windows Xp and windows
> 2000 server, after installing the red hat i get an L display on my
> sreen without the loader options, but  a friend ask me to install the
> redhat first and leave a space for the windows in vfat format, i try
> that too without sucess. Pls email me when you get a solution.
>
>   Thank you
>
>   Chucks
>
> manish soin <manishksoin at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>           Sir,
>   I have windows vista as well as xp professional installed on my computer.
>   I was able to install red hat linux on my computer however Red hat was
> unable to make changes to boot loader.
>   Since red hat failed to make changes to boot loader my red hat is not
> starting up and only windows xp and vista is what I can choose to boot.
>   Please help.
>   Regards
>   Manish Soin
>

> Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download
> Now!
> http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php_______________________________________________

Karl L. Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---