Installation

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Mon Jun 25 15:10:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:22:54AM -0700, nwoye emeka wrote:
> hi guys,
>        After installing redhat 7.2 i couldn't enter my graphic interface windows, it was giving me localhost login, what did i do wrong or what shld i do.
>
>   Thanks
>
>   Chucks

First RH 7.2 is extremely old, unsupported, and has vulnerabilities
such that you do NOT want to put it anywhere exposed to the Internet.
You should download and install some Fedora Core version 4 or later
(FC7 is current), or buy RedHat ES 4 or 5 if you will be running a
commercial operation and need some hand-holding.  That said, there are
plenty of us running FC* in a commecial environment.

As to your problem, unless you are running equally antique hardware,
RH7.2 probably does not have adequate drivers for the video card.  If
you insist on pursuing 7.2, see

http://www.bobcatos.com/faq.html#x_fails

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on,
however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those
who have been trained by it.  Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)