network installation ( dhcp problem)

Alok Pandey alok.padey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 07:25:42 UTC 2007

Hi  linux Gurus,
I am trying to configure a network installation server on CentOS(2.6.9).
The point where i stucked  is .
    The client is not able to find my dhcp server.
The steps which i have taken is:
1) copy all the 4 cd disk to /data/network-install/x86/CentOs/RPM
2) copy all the 4 cd image to /data/network-install/x86/CentOs/ISO
3)configured NFS as (in  /etc/exportfs)
     /data/network    *(ro,sync)
4)configured ftp as
    anon_root=/data/network-install/x86/CentOs/RPM
5) Configured dhcp server by putting mac address ,hostname and ip.

Now  after booting the client with CentOs 1st cd and choosing te option :-
1) Lan Boot
    results: perfect  (i.e it get the ip same  address as mentioned in Dhcp)
2) linux askmethod
    a) Dynamic Ip by dhcp
        results:- fail  with error
        Pump Told us : no dhcp reply recived.
    b) static ip
    results:- proceed , but failed to mount the nfs share and anonymous
dir  shared by the server.

Hope the above Information will clear my situation .
I am not getting any way around, can any one show me a light.
Any suggestion is welcome.

One thing i will like to mention here is that after installation ,
client find my dhcp successfully . and also

Thanks for your Time...

--
thanks
alok