centos 4 - top

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Mar 23 21:52:42 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 14:06 -0700, chuck lawrence wrote:
> greetings,
>
> I've got centos 4 running on a dual-core, dual cpu opteron server.  it
> should look like 4 cpus.  top reports cumulative(?) stats, where my
> other servers (redhat es 3) all list per cpu stats.
>
> is this normal?  is there another top I can grab and use?  seems silly
> to me.

Top now, by default, summarizes CPU usage.  Simply fire up top and press
the '1' (one) key to get a per-CPU listing.  Press the "h" key for
help.  Once you've got it formatted the way you want, press SHIFT-W and
the system will write a ~user/.toprc file for you so it comes up the
way you want it next time.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-     Warning:  You are logged into reality as the root user...      -