FC6 and ndiswrapper

Raab Nelson raab.nelson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 09:41:24 UTC 2007

Harold,

Every time you update the kernel, whether you are staying with the same distro version or upgrading (like you from 5 to 6) you have to reinstall any packages that aren't built into the kernel. I know for a fact that ndiswrapper isn't. The easiest way to do this is to build the ndiswrapper package from source.

I don't have the link available, but find the tar.gz source for ndiswrapper, yum install kernel-headers kernel-devel, tar xzvf ndiswrapper-xxxxxx, cd ndiswrapper-xxxxxx, make, sudo make install.  Reboot or depmod -a, modprobe ndiswrapper.

That should do it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

The bcm package works for the pre-n cards too. :)

Raab

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel