Please help with the IPv6 installation support

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Thu Nov 1 17:00:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 13:43 +0800, Jing CDL Sun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are going to install RedHat(maybe RedHatEL5.1) to a system P
> machine with IPv6 network, but we do not know whether RedHat support
> IPv6 installation now,
> if so, could you point me to the configuration method or the related
> document? That will be very helpful for us, thank you in advance.
>
> BTW, I have read Installation_Guide, but not find any clue about IPv6
> installation, can anyone help me? thank you.

RHEL does support normal IPv6 operations.

If you're trying to do a network install (http, ftp, NFS) and your
machine has multiple NICs, then the specification of the host containing
the install images MUST include the ID of the ethernet NIC you wish to
use (eth0, eth1, etc.) by specifying "%ethX" at the end of the IPv6
address of the remote host.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-    When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.     -