dell vostro nic not recognised

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Thu Oct 4 17:24:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 17:49 +0100, Darren Nye wrote:
> Hi guys, we just bought a new dell vostro machine for red hat 4 and
> although the install went well, the NIC card is not found
>

> Im pretty new to this particular error, is it possible for any of you
> guys to point me in the right direction getting the machine to see the
> NIC card?
>

> When I type the command lspci –v I get the message: Ethernet
> controller: Intel corporation: unknown device
>

> Is there anyway to locate the correct drivers?

We need to know more than that, such as the output of "lspci -v -n" for
that card.  It's also possible that RHEL5 may have native support.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-               500: Internal Fortune Cookie Error                   -