Desktop menu doesn't work for root VNC login

Bill Jones whjones at nortel.com
Fri Oct 12 13:08:38 UTC 2007

I'm puzzled by a right-click in the desktop area option that doesn't
open the desktop menu anymore. I'm using VNC to the server, logging in
as root. It does work when I log in as a different user. I used to be
able to right click on a VNC session as root also but suddenly it does
nothing when I right click. This is for Enterprise Version 4. I don't
know what has changed or where to look to add back the feature. I was in
the habit of opening a terminal window from the right click desktop
menu. Any ideas where I can get that option re-activated? I don't have
the luxury of physical access to the server because it's too far away (4
hour drive).

Thanks,
Bill