NIS domainame not holding after reboot

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Wed Jan 16 22:39:42 UTC 2008

Ok, this makes sense.  I figured that even if ypbind wasn't enabled the nis domainname would still be set.

A side question since I've seen this stated.  Supposedly on a client /etc/sysconfig/network doesn't need the NISDOMAIN=<domainname> entry, just /etc/yp.conf is adequate.

I haven't found that to be true, is it supposed to be true?