Problems with RHEL5 Install

Tyler Pauly tapastro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 19:18:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to install RHEL5 from the 6 CD set onto my home computer.

The components are: an Asus P6X58D-E motherboard, an Intel i7 930 processor,
some DDR3 ram and an Nvidia 480 GTX graphics card.

Upon install, the program asks for drivers.  I assume it is asking for my
SATA controller drivers for my motherboard, but I am not sure.  In addition,
I have no idea whether they exist, and if they do, if they are compatible
with RHEL5.

Is there a(n easy) way to figure this out?  I have not had luck with the
drivers included on the RHEL disks. Feel free to let me know if I have not
included enough information.

Thank you very much!

Tyler P.