christophe asmar

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Tue May 4 19:09:48 UTC 2010

I have over 8300 email addresses in email groups on my server, and I see
the need to unsubscribe hacked accounts every month or more.

Sometimes the owner can get back in, change their password and not go
through the bother of getting a new account, resubscribing, etc., but more
often than not, the hackers change the password and start spamming ad
nauseum.

Thanks for your diligence. I may put up a link on my pages somewhere to
this email list. It's been a life-saver for me for years. It would be a
pity for it to die.

Did you notice how many subscribers there are? Since I don't use Mailman
(Majordomo instead), I don't know if you can do that.

Karl

On Mon, May 3, 2010 3:22 pm, Rick Stevens wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 09:11 AM, Karl Pearson wrote:
>> Okay, someone at the helm of this list needs to unsub
>> sujitkumar_shirkar at hotmail.com as it's obvious the account has been
>> brute-force hacked...
>
> Turns out I still am an admin and I've unsubscribed that account.

---
Karl Pearson
Karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Owner/Administrator of the sites at
http://ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---
 Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have
 for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
 --Benjamin Franklin
---
 Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually
 repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
---