new to redhat

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Thu Nov 18 05:29:43 UTC 2010

Hi Johan,

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 05:51:01AM +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 10:58 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
> >MP3 support isn't inherent in Fedora or Red Hat due to patent licensing
> >issues.  You have to install some plugins.  As the root user:
> >
> >    # yum install gstreamer-plugins-ugly
> >    # yum install audacious-plugins-freeworld-mp3
> >
> >The first is for Rhythmbox or Totem (gstreamer) players (which is
> >what installs by default).  The second is if you use the Audacious
> >player.
> Good day,
>
> According to yum above packages does not excist.
>
> Say  "nothing do do"
>
> johan]# yum install gstreamer-plugins-ugly
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Adding en_US to language list
> Setting up Install Process
> No package gstreamer-plugins-ugly available.
> Error: Nothing to do
>
> johan]# yum install audacious-plugins-freeworld-mp3
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> Adding en_US to language list
> Setting up Install Process
> No package audacious-plugins-freeworld-mp3 available.
> Error: Nothing to do
>
> Maybe it needs more info?

Needs another repo.  Sorry, it's not set up out of the box.  Go here
<http://rpmfusion.org/> and click on the link "For users: Enable RPM
Fusion on your system."  You will be given directions that will add
the RPMFusion repos to your system.  Then the above yum commands will
work.

> Regards
> Johan

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
"Comfort, comfort my people," says your God.
Isaiah 40:1  (NIV)