Sharing HD -> Win/Lin

Hello,

I created an extra partition when I installed RH 7 on my Inspiron 4000, and
I'm unable to mount it.  I get a somewhat ambiguous error message that
suggests that the problem could be the wrong file system, a bad
'superblock', or too many file systems mounted.

My questions:

1) What is the best file system to format the partition with for sharing
between Linux and Windoze? I used FAT32.

2) What is the upper limit for the number of partitions that I can mount?
My shared partition is hda10.

3) What is the best way to format the partition?  I'd like to use fdisk, I
assume I can run it from Linux, no?

TIA,

Rob Yale

McClear Digital Recording and Post Production Studios
Toronto, Canada, http://www.mcclear.com
tel: 416-977-9740  Cellular: 416-579-9253