RE: RPMs - Frustration sets in.

%-> I disagree. Using ./configure and make on a source distribution
%-> discovers many more errors that RPM can simply miss or gloss over. Each
%-> to one's own I guess...such is the power of Linux.

Configure and make as you mentioned above are for compiling source code into
binary, and you can do that with RPM too. Normally however, RPM is used to
install ready-compiled binaries. Not the same thing.

-- Juha