Multiple IP addresses on one interface

I want to configure a web server that will answer requests for multiple
machine names (e.g., www.example.com, www2.example.com, etc), displaying
different home pages depending on the destination name.  The machine
has a single network connection.  One technique for accomplishing this
virtual hosting task is to give each of the machine names its own IP.

I recall seeing here, but can't find now, instructions for configuring
the machine to act as the destination for multiple IP numbers.  Could
someone remind me how this is done?  Thanks.

		Matthew Saltzman
		Clemson University Math Sciences
		mjs clemson edu
		http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs