RE: how to get text only man pages?

I am not in linux, but I believe there is a -t or -T that will process the
files, but I don't know what the output looks like before printing. I
typically do "man -t ldapd | lpr -PHP882C" and it prints the information
directly. I think the filter is groff if I remember correctly, does anyone
know if it adds printer commands or just strips the special chars out.

Chad