DISCONNECTTIMEOUT and RETRYTIMEOUT?

Hi folks

I need to find out what two variables are used for in my ppp scripts on
rh6.1.

The values in question are: DISCONNECTTIMEOUT and RETRYTIMEOUT, and can be
set in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0

they are also set in ifup-ppp if they are not set in the above file.

I think that they have to do with the amount of time that it waits before
re-establishing a connection, but I need to know for sure.

Could somebody please help me ut on this? Or perhaps point me to where I
can get some more info on this (and maybe ppp-watch)?

thanks in advance

Chris Dowling.
sugarboy iinet net au

A bus station is where a bus stops.