scp/ssh port

At 10:48 AM 6/5/01 -0400, you wrote:
Does SCP use the ssh port for its connections?  The reason I am asking is
that I have machines that are behind firewalls with the only port open
beeing ssh on a non-standard port.  Can I use scp with this setup?

scp and ssh both use port 22 for incoming connections as the default.

if you run sshd on 2222 then when using scp specify
-P 2222.

you only need 1 firewall rule for this.