Re: Equivalent of hyperterminal in Linux

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 06:23:11AM -0800, Madhvi Nundalalee wrote:
> usually I connect to a wireless modem via
> hyperterminal in Windows
> RH7.1 is installed on an IBM laptop .  What is the
> equivalent of Hyperterminal in Linux?

[ewilts www ewilts]$ rpm -qi minicom
Name        : minicom                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.83.1                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 8                             Build Date: Thu 03 May 2001 09:36:19 PM CDT
Install date: Sat 26 May 2001 12:37:14 PM CDT      Build Host: porky.devel.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Communications   Source RPM: minicom-1.83.1-8.src.rpm
Size        : 308044                           License: GPL
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : A text-based modem control and terminal emulation program.
Description :
Minicom is a simple text-based modem control and terminal emulation
program somewhat similar to MSDOS Telix.  Minicom includes a dialing
directory, full ANSI and VT100 emulation, an (external) scripting
language, and other features.

Minicom should be installed if you need a simple modem control program
or terminal emulator.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org