Realplay - no sound with RH8

Just installed RealPlayer.  When I launch it, I get an error that says
it can't access the sound device... another application must be using
it.  I'm uncertain how to track down what application might be using the
sound... none that I'm aware of.  Anybody else experience anything like
this with Realplay on RH8?  Any suggestions?

My config -
Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop, Celeron 1.6, 512MG, 30GB.  I'm running KDE
(the Bluecurve incarnation of it, anyway).

Thanks in advance for the help.

BTW - Would someone please reply to this even if you don't know the
answer... I've posted several times recently and received no replies.  I
just changed my email address / subscription, and I'm wondering if it's
working.

Thanks!
Bill Johnson