RHEL6 and Samba Mount Points

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Sat Mar 19 16:25:39 UTC 2011

Hi All,

My question concerns where the samba mount can be found when creating
access to a win box across the network from my RHEL6 machine.  In Gnome,
using the menu: Places-->Network-->Windows
Network-->Workgroup-->winHost-->NameofShare

I am able to browse, create and delete files on the Winbox.  As this
Winbox is a machine that does scanning of my receipts etc, what I would
like to know is where is the mount point created to access this winbox
is on my RH server.

The reason I am asking is that I would like to attach scanned receipts
to my thunderbird client email program On the RH server but I don't know
where to look to find the mount point that was created so I can attach
the receipts that I had scanned in to the winbox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Phil