[redhat-lspp] LSPP Development Telecon 06/05/2006 Minutes

Joy Latten latten at austin.ibm.com
Thu Jun 8 16:34:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 22:57 -0400, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 June 2006 8:14 pm, Joy Latten wrote:
> > The networking hooks using IPSec were stressed with netperf
> > sending constant stream of tcp and udp packets.
> > All tests have completed successfully!
> >
> > All tests had following configuration:
> > Pseries lpars running FC5
> > IPSec was configured to use:
> >  - ESP (Encapsulating Security Payload)
> >  - security label, "system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t:s0"
>
> Out of curiosity,  what algorithms did you use?  Also, did you test AH?  Not
> that I suspect the results will be much different but I believe that is what
> people plan on evaluating ...

I used 3des and now that you have mentioned it, I should have included
AH too or at least enabled authentication in ESP. But I was more
interested in stress testing than functional testing and only included
the performance numbers for the heck of it. I believe when we did
functional testing we did try both, 3des for ESP and sha1 for AH. But I
have not yet tried AES algorithm for ESP.

I will try this again (performance run, not stress testing) later with
authentication enabled and with ESP-3des, ESP-aes, and send results to
list as an FYI.

Regards,
Joy