[redhat-lspp] Re: [RFC 2/7] NetLabel: core network changes

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Jun 22 15:05:00 UTC 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 05:00, David Miller wrote:
> >  #define NETLINK_GENERIC              16
> > +#define NETLINK_NETLABEL     17      /* Network packet labeling */
> >
> >  #define MAX_LINKS 32
>
> Please use generic netlink.

Since this is a security interface, shouldn't it be its own protocol so that
SE Linux can control commands being sent? Paul's patches do include a netlink
table in security/selinux/nlmsgtab.c. But I do not see any hooks to control
generic netlink messages. (There seems to be several protocols that SE Linux
is not controlling.) I could see that someone in secadm role should be able
to issue these commands, but someone at sysadm or auditadm would not.

If moving this over to generic is a must, then I think SE Linux will have to
clip into generic to control its packet flow.

-Steve