[redhat-lspp] Re: LSPP Development Telecon 06/19/2006 Minutes

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Mon Jun 26 09:46:40 UTC 2006

If I am understanding you correctly this just sounds like adding IP

>>aliases to an interface, or just simply adding a new NIC, and assigning
>>each address to a network namespace.  While it's easy to do and even
>>easier to secure I don't think it addresses the problem we are trying to
>>solve - port polyinstantiation - where you can have multiple
>>applications bound to the same IP/protocol/port with the only difference
>>being the application's security label.
>>

>I'm really not the expert here, but nevertheless according to what I've
>heard from at least the PlanetLab guys, we may not need to use nat -
>having multiple containers with the same IP address may be possible.
>
>Eric, Andrey, Daniel?
>
>-serge

I think having multiple container with the same IP address is not good.
As far as I see, a container = a host.
If you setup 2 containers with the same IP address, this is the same of
having 2 hosts on the same network with the same IP address.
By the way, having the same IP address for several containers, how will
be possible to do container migration ?

    - Daniel