redhat-lsb and cups

Robin Price II robinprice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:42:04 UTC 2009

[rpmbuild at 1up ~]$ cat SPECS/redhat-lsb.spec | grep lp
Requires: /usr/bin/lp
Requires: /usr/bin/lpr

Looks like redhat-lsb requires cups here... because:

[rpmbuild at 1up ~]$ rpm -qi redhat-lsb
Description :
The Linux Standards Base (LSB) is an attempt to develop a set of
standards that will increase compatibility among Linux distributions.
The redhat-lsb package provides utilities needed for LSB Compliant
Applications.  It also contains requirements that will ensure that all
components required by the LSB that are provided by Red Hat Linux are
installed on the system.

Maybe trying with nodeps to keep redhat-lsb on.

HTHs,

-- Robin