Re: [rhelv5-list] struggling with LDAP authentication

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 15:51 -0700, Joshua M. Miller wrote:
> Is this a client or is this the LDAP server?
----
This is both the master server and of course, a client for users
----
>   Also, which LDAP server do
> you employ?
----
# rpm -qa|grep openldap
openldap-servers-2.3.27-5
openldap-2.3.27-5
openldap-clients-2.3.27-5

the version that comes from RHELv5

I have this same setup on many different networks and have never had a
problem with RHEL 3 or RHEL 4 but something doesn't seem to work right
in RHELv5 even though I have chosen 'local authentication is sufficient'
in the checkbox of 'system-config-authentication' just like always as
you can sort of tell from the contents of /etc/pam.d/system-auth below
----