Re: [rhelv5-list] struggling with LDAP authentication

On 15 May 2007, at 18:44, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

On 5/14/07, Joshua Miller wrote:
I would also suggest adding the following line to your /etc/ ldap.conf, which will prevent LDAP group lookups on root and the ldap user and allow your machine to boot faster and allow you to login as root when your LDAP
server is down:

 nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap

This will not rely on the timeout suggested previously.

I also customize /etc/ldap.conf but I first I kickstart with
"authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5 --enableldap ... --kickstart"
I've often wondered, is it possible to get authconfig to spit out
customized conf files directly?

"man authconfig" would tend to say no.