Re: [rhelv5-list] Strange interaction between RHEL5 and Hummingbird Exceed

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 11:18 -0400, Dennett, Charles R - SSD wrote:
> I’ve reported this to RedHat support but they are unable to recreate
> the problem.  They requested that I upgrade my copy of Exceed, which I
> had our IT department do.  I went from version 7 to version 12.  The
> problem still exists. I’ve been unsuccessful in finding any other
> reports of this problem via Google.  So, I’m sending a note to this
> list to see if anyone else has seen this problem and possibly has a
> solution.  Next, I attempt to contact Hummingbird to see if they can
> help.

I don't have a lot of suggestions, but a question or two, when you say
you are using "Remote desktop" how exactly are you starting the X
session?  For example, did you configure Exceed for XDMCP or are you
starting a remote X session via ssh or some other method?

Later,
Tom