[rhelv5-list] redhat menus

I'm trying to make sense of how RH does the gnome menus.

What's the purpose of the /usr/share/desktop-menu-patches directory (why not just put the files in /usr/share/applications/)?

Why does the redhat-email.desktop file not get included in the menu while redhat-evolution-mail.desktop does?

I noticed that desktop-menu-tool is gone now, is there a replacement?

TIA,

Hugh
--
System Administrator