Re: [rhelv5-list] Bonding Configuration Question

Hi,

> I've seen this warning a few times in dmesg:
>
> bonding: bond0: Warning: the permanent HWaddr of eth0 - 00:17:AA:BB:CC:14 - is
> still in use by bond0. Set the HWaddr of eth0 to a different address to avoid conflicts.
>

> Checked the kbase and found this article: https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-
> 37419 <https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-37419>  that says you can specify a
> hardware address in the ifcfg-bond0 file.  Can this address be arbitrary?  I put in
> MACADDR=11:22:33:44:55 and it seemed to work.  Is it a problem if two servers use
> the same MAC address for their bonding interface?
Well it also states:

Resolution
*This message is a warning only, and does not indicate a problem.

So it think it's safe to ignore.

Regarding servers with the same MAC address, if they are on the same vlan/net you will have a problem for sure. I think it's wise to better avoid this.

Cheers,
Andre